- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 packets of instant maple flavored oatmeal
- Chocolate chips for eyes and nose
- Additional sugar for bear snout
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line sheet pan with silicone baking mat or spray with cooking spray
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with hand-held mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oatmeal packets. Add to butter mixture all at once and mix on low until combined.
- Read Assembly directions below and portion out by rounded tablespoons onto prepared sheet pan, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For each Brown Bear you will need three (3) small balls of dough and one (1) larger ball of dough. The large one is for the face. Two (2) small balls of dough are for the ears and the last