- 1 stick butter (unsalted) softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and well-mashed
- 1/3 cup toffee bits (plus more for decoration)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten and room temperature)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream
Squeeze of lemon
Preheat oven to 350F and spray a bundt pan with baking spray or lightly grease and flour. Set aside.
Combine butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl and use an electric mixer). Beat until well-combined and light and fluffy.
Add oil and beat to combine.
Mash bananas. Stir in mashed bananas.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add to wet ingredients until completely combined.
Add in toffee bits.
Spread batter into prepared pan and bake on 350F for 30-35 minutes* or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely before drizzling with glaze.
Mix together all three ingredients, adding in milk gradually until you reach your desired consistency. Drizzle over completely cooled cake and top with extra toffee bits.